AboutKHALED M. ABDELGAWAD
Khaled is the director of design at SCHADUF, a sustainable landscape design company and a leading provider of urban green solutions in the Middle East, such as Green Walls (Vertical Gardens) & Roof Gardens.
He is a chartered member of the British Landscape Institute (CMLI), with over 14 years of extensive technical and managerial experience in the area of regional planning, urban design and landscape architecture in many award-winning design firms.
Khaled directed multiple projects of varied complexities, located in Egypt, Middle East, South & East Asia and Africa, which range from designing parks, city-centers to sporting, commercial or historical sites.
His work includes many sustainability driven designs for unique and well known projects, such as Al Azhar Park in Cairo and, American University in Cairo New Campus, Mirage City (J.W. Marriott), Cairo Festival City and Shams City in Abudhabi Al Reem Island.
SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE IN EGYPT AND MIDDLE EAST
- History of landscape architecture in Egypt
- Landscape Architecture challenges in Egypt
- Sustainable landscape practice - Building material (case study: Emaar Uptown Cairo)
- Sustainable landscape practice - Water conservation (case study: Emaar Uptown Cairo)
- Sustainable landscape practice - Heritage * society(case study: Azhar Park)
- Sustainable landscape practice - Visual resources (case study: Nubian Museum)
Theme: Architecture & Design