Chip Fuller has been involved in the civil engineering products industry for thirty-eight years as an engineer, technical marketing manager, and currently as Global Director of Strata Systems Inc., an international manufacturer of geogrids and geocells used for soil reinforcement. He has a B.S. degree in Ocean Engineering and a MBA from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida and has participated in executivet training at Stanford University in California.
Mr. Fuller started the geogrid industry in the United States in 1982 when he began importing the first geogrids from the U.K. Since then the geogrid industry has developed into a “state-of-practice” solution to soil problems within the global civil engineering community.
In past years, he has participated in numerous professional and trade organizations including:
- American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM)
- National Concrete Masonry Association
- International Erosion Control Association
- Industrial Fabrics Association International
- North American Geosynthetics Society
- Geosynthetics Research Institute
He has founded several companies since 1979 including Geodynamics, Inc., Waterway Technologies Company, Blue Ridge Solutions, Inc. and Strata Systems, Inc. He has also been employed by Naue GmbH, TenCate, Conwed Plastics Co. and Tensar Earth Technologies.
Additionally, Mr. Fuller has been a key participant in seven mergers/acquisitions since 1984, and currently sits on the Board of Advisors to a start-up web company. His experience includes being CEO of Merex, Ltd. which was a struggling geogrid manufacturing company in Taichung, Taiwan where he created and executed a full turnaround business plan and establishment of a new international distribution network. Mr. Fuller was President of Strata Systems, Inc. from 1994 to 2017.
He is now President of Abaco Technologies, Inc., a manufacturer’s representative firm based in Florida, created to assist civil engineering products companies with taking their products international.
ADVANCEMENTS IN THE USE OF GEOSYNTHETICS TO REINFORCE SOIL
- A brief history of soil reinforcement
- A timeline of the development of geogrid design methods and testing standards
- Using geogrids for retaining structures, the past and future
- The strong growth of biaxial geogrids and geocells for roadways over soft soils
- Conclusions and questions
Theme: Sustainability and Technology